Gufuskálar

Yet another abandoned fishing site, where ruins and the tracks left on the shore by boats can still be seen. The farm was abandoned in 1948, it was the weternmost one of the Snæfellsnes peninsula. Nearby ruins known as “the Irish camps” are thought to date from the Age of Settlement (9th-10th centuries). Fishermen’s lodgings are designated antiquities, believed to be 500-700 years old, making them among the oldest fisheries relics in Scandinavia.








Wall of Ideas